What is Interim Management?
Interim Management is the assignment of a high performance manager, with extensive experience, that will perform executive roles in the client’s organisation for a limited period of time.
The assignment is usually for a change or transition period. This solution is particularly useful when a permanent position is not required. It can also be used when the organisation cannot hire a manager on short notice or when there are no managers inside it with either the skills or time available to perform the new tasks.
There are many different situations when it makes sense to hire an Interim Manager. They have in common that the manager is required for a limited period of time. How long will depend on the objectives and the implementation plan.
Some examples might be:
- Specific project for a limited period of time.
- New markets penetration.
- Re-structuring of sites or business areas.
- Management of transition periods.
- Sudden replacement of a Management Team member.
- Management Buy Out (MBO)
- Capital increase operations
- Mergers and acquisitions.